Saturday, October 23, 2004

Ming & FS in Boulder

I went and saw Ming & FS the other night at the Fox Theater in Boulder. Ming & FS are a New York based duo who produce hip-hop, breaks and jungle, as well as some really great music that can't really be categorized. They're one of the few bands whose CD's I collect (B-sides, rarities, etc).

Anyhow, this was a KICK ASS show. This was my first time to see them live, and I was blown away. For some reason, they were positioned to open the show, instead of headlining (that's happened before in Boulder, I saw MC Paul Barman get booted for fucking Karaoke), but this was kind of a plus, because I had a great view of the stage, and I didn't have to deal with tons of people standing in my way.

They performed some older stuff, as well as some material off their new album, "Back to One", and spun some tight hiphop mixes, with some sweet turntablism thrown in. MC Napolean MC'd for part of their show, and Ming & FS took turns working the tables, and alternately playing Guitar and Bass, and some beat-boxing as well. I have to give FS props, he ripped that shit up; I would have loved to see him throw down with a digiridoo.

I'd give the show an 8 out of a 10, only because they weren't headlining, so the show was only an hour long.


I'll post some of the pictures here soon.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home